Tuesday 9 October 2012

Concertina Sketchbook. It starts...

This is my concertina sketch book so far. Its currently in the process of being made.
In my sketchbook, I have a bit of 3D work and textiles work. I hope to expand on this and include some sort of graphic type work and incorporate alot more colour and symbolic items in this in which relate to me and bring interest to others.





This is my 3D work at the minute. I drew on sparrows on black and white card varying in size and position, i had to bear this in mind seeing as once they were cut out, they needed to be assembled and stuck into my sketchbook, through the key shaped hole i cut in the first page in which links it to my other page. The key hole, represents a way in. A way into 'my world' if you will. Meanwhile the sparrows coming out of the keyhole symbolises my freedom; to choose what i want to do, to go anywhere I like, to fly wherever I want to and all in all be free, spread my wings and fly!











On the right is my textiles work. The aim of this was for it to reflect the present, the happening, the NOW! the heart moniter type lifeline connotates as time. The items i have selected were applied in chronological order, the time 9.11 was the time i started it, the free hand continuous line styled drawing was sewn in just after 9.21 after i had pinned in the image of the random guy i was told to cut out around 9.15. I included my screen printed fabrics and letraset wording as well as a thumb print of mine -in which easily perceives as a representation of my identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment