Tuesday 8 January 2013

Shells -Observational Pencil Drawings

When drawing the shell, on a large scale, I had to take my time and draw the outline first, because once the outline is complete I can work on the rest of the details. Drawing the shape of the shell was simple, because I maintained reference to the actual shell. It helped me get each part of the shell drawn in proportion and in the right place.





After getting the shape drawn, I was then able to start work on the detail. Thanks to outline this was easy for me to do, seeing as I just needed to get the right shades, shapes and tones in the right place.



After getting the detail drawn in, it was then complete. I am very pleased with the outcome, because the drawing looks exactly like the object I was drawing it from.




Starting on another shell, applying the same technique I used on the initial one, I outlined the shape of the shell and began to shade/tone and detail the interior of the drawn shape.


Progressing, i began detailing the rest of the shell, i used the rubber to highlight the parts of the shell that had light shining on it.














 

No comments:

Post a Comment